Now is the time to begin looking at ways you can improve your community through grant assistance. Upcoming opportunities for funding include:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG): Applications are due by March 31st, and funds are to be awarded this Summer. Another grant cycle begins in Fall 2022.
- Renewable Resource Grant and Loan Program (RRGL): Applications are due by May 15th, and funds are dependent upon legislative approval in 2023.
- Montana Coal Endowment Program (MCEP): Applications are anticipated to be due in May or June 2022, and funds are dependent upon legislative approval in 2023.
What makes a successful application?
- Updated Community Planning Documents
- Public Involvement
- Documentation of public health or natural resource issues
- Commitment of all funding
- Well-written technical document
Each grant application requires that a Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) or a Preliminary Architectural Report (PAR) be completed. Both PERs and PARs require an analysis of the conditions of the community, existing facilities, and the need for the project.
Need to get started?
If you need help with the first steps, Stahly Engineering can help you navigate the process and assist in defining a project that might qualify for funding.
If you have already started the process and have defined projects, Stahly Engineering can provide both PER and grant writing assistance for your projects.
Let Stahly help you understand the grant application and writing process, as well as communicate with the funding agencies on your behalf. Give us a call today!